With the trip far away… this post will be updated as we get closer.
Deeper Dive: Leg 2A: Upper New York State
From: Cape Vincent > Tupper Lake > Saranac Lake > Lake Placid
Leg 2A Details:
- Will cross into the United States at Cape Vincent, NY and head up the St. Lawrence and explore Alexandria Bay and Bolt Castle.
- Come inland and head east towards the Adirondack Mountains toward Lake Placid, NY. Lots of little towns to stop and lakes to find some beaches for a dip. Hikes and waterfalls and take our time.
- Spend time in Lake Placid, NY where the Olympics were held. Check out Whiteface Mt and get out in nature a little.
- After Lake Placid, we will head towards Vermont and Burlington on the other side of Lake Champlain.
Deeper Dive: Leg 2B: Upper Vermont |
From: Burlington, VT > Waterbury > Stowe > Newport > ((Maybe Quick Trip To Montreal)) > St. Johnsbury, VT
Leg 2B Details:
- We will cross the ferry and spend time in Burlington. With the carless Church Street. We will find somewhere to swim like Red Rocks Park. We will hit our first Trader Joe’s and maybe go back in the past and hit The Olive Garden for dinner. lol
- We will head east and hit the birthplace of Ben & Jerry’s Ice Cream for a tour in Waterbury and also play some tennis at the local courts that are quite nice.
- We will explore around Stowe and Smugglers Notch State Park and Mt. Mansfield for a hike.
- We will then head north up towards Newport, VT where a high school classmate of Dan has a working farm. We have to see Murphy the dog. We might zip up to Montreal for a quick visit before coming back down to Vermont.
- Swimming at Brighton State Park before heading back south towards St. Johnsbury.
- We will head back south to get to St. Johnsbury and then cross into New Hampshire and into the White Mountains.
Deeper Dive: Leg 2C: Upper New Hampshire |
From: St. Johnsbury, VT >
- We will zig zag around NH to soak it up. Maybe we will spend 4 days in the map above. We will have to zoom in and check out what there is to do. As a kid… Dan spent so much time with his parents on roadtrips to Nova Scotia going thorugh this section of the United States.
- We will keep going with this post and drill down more and zoom in and plan out New Hampshire and then into Maine as we get to the Atlantic Ocean with Portland, ME.
This Post Has 2 Comments
Pingback: The Big Trip | Leg 1 | Ontario, Canada | To Ottawa For Canada Day Then To The Border Into The United States – JSDOITontheROAD
Pingback: 2025 The General Route – JSDOITontheROAD